Hearty Healthy Harvest Soup

   I know its still summer in my neck of the woods but I'm dreaming of fall and craving a hot wholesome stew or soup..... a friend had gifted me some Harvest Soup Mix so to that I added my own twist and came up with a soup that my girlfriends all enjoyed and a recipe was requested....so here goes!! I cooked this in an Instant Pot for about half an hour open saute then ten mins pressure cooked.


Harvest Soup Mix           One pack
Butter                               A dollop to top soup before serving
Extra Virgin olive oil       Two Tablespoons
Garlic                               Five cloves chopped
Onion                               One medium chopped
Bay Leaf                          One
Pepper Corns                   Five    
Oregano                           A pinch
Thyme                             A pinch
Cumin powder                 Half a teaspoon
Coriander Powder            Half a teaspoon
Worcestershire Sauce      A dash
Red Wine Vinegar           A dash
Balsamic Vinegar            A dash
Sea Salt                            To taste
Lemon Pepper Salt          To taste
Celery                              One Bunch roughly chopped
Leeks                               One Bunch roughly chopped
Carrots                             Three roughly chopped
Cream of mushroom soup One small can
Cilantro                              just to garnish, chopped
Feta Cheese                        just to garnish
Lemon wedges                   just to garnish as desired
Water                                  about six cups...adjust as per thickness desired

Saute chopped garlic in extra virgin olive oil, add a bay leaf and peppercorns. Stir in the  chopped onion. Add chopped carrots, leeks, celery and stir well. Add the Harvest soup mix and stir. Now add six cups of water, worcestershire sauce, red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, some sea salt, black pepper powder, lemon pepper salt, oregano, thyme and give it a good mix
. The Harvest soup mix has wild rice and lentils and you can later adjust the amount of water depending on the desired consistency. Once this comes to a boil add the can of cream of mushroom soup and set to pressure cook. My Instant Pot pressure cooked this in ten minutes....you can cook in a stock pot with a lid on gently stirring until you find its all cooked, if you don't want to pressure cook.

When the vegetables are still a bit crunchy and rice and lentils seem done, check if you need to add more water and stir the soup. Taste and check flavor. Add a dollop of butter, feta cheese, cilantro and serve with a lemon wedge on the side. A hearty chunky slice of warm bread would complete this meal on a cool night.

Hope you enjoy this hearty autumnal soup on a chilly day! I know I took it to a group of friends who loved it...😀

Comments

  1. Wow!just what i was looking for this fall. It would be a good addition for a thanks giving brunch. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!just what i was looking for this fall. It would be a good addition for a thanks giving brunch. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I love homemade soups! I live on soup in the fall and winter. This Harvest soup sounds delicious! I may give it a try. It doesn't sound horribly laborious or complicated. I'm not one to spend time in the kitchen. If it's not quick and easy, I'm not interested. 😏
    Lovely blog Roopa! So excited that we can be blog-buddies.
    Kiss sweet Toffee for me. I miss her already...
    XOXO

    Michele at Angels Bark

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I was lucky enough to get a cup of soup from your batch and it was DELICIOUS! I'm going to try to find the Harvest Soup Mix and make this. It just never occurred to me to take a packaged soup recipe and add so much. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts