Spicy Fish.....An expression of love.....

With Valentine's Day just around the corner I have been thinking about....love!! Indian mothers have all along expressed their love for their families using ....food!! A birthday was the perfect time to cook a child's favorite foods.....and I try to do the same with my family now. I hope my kids will look back and think of all the yummy nurturing meals I cooked for them and remember the love behind it. We can all go and eat out but the thought of someone making the time and effort to cook for us is truly special. My son loves this spicy fish fry, so I think I will cook up some fish tonight for dinner!! This fish is spicy and goes well with any salad and can also be made into delectable fish tacos. Like most of my other recipes it takes very little prep time so I can be with the family not in the kitchen!

I  use tilapia for this dish but any fish that can stand up to some frying is good.


Spicy Fish

Tilapia fillets      4 large cut into bite sized pieces
Ginger paste       1 tablespoon
Garlic paste        1 tablespoon
Kosher salt         To taste

Red chilli powder  a pinch for color
Cumin powder       1 tsp
Coriander powder  1 tsp
Turmeric powder   1 tsp
Juice of a lemon
Olive Oil 



Cut up the fish fillets into bite sized pieces and rub them with  all the other ingredients to taste. Set this aside for about 20 minutes. ( Adjust the amount of spices and ginger garlic paste to the number of fillets, so the fish is lightly coated with the marinade). Later shallow fry the fish in a pan using olive oil on medium high heat. Check for salt.( For a healthier version I am sure you can bake it too but I love this one!!)

This goes well with some sliced onions and mint chutney as an appetizer or can be added to  hot tortillas with shredded lettuce and sliced onions and some chutney to make spicy fish tacos.Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts